But the best part is that the ways to use them are almost endless. Muffins, cakes, pies, a fantastic recipe I have for Blueberry Buckle… and my favorite is just simply mixed in with my cereal in the morning.
In the canning realm, blueberry jam is yummy, but I always to like to add a little something extra to my jams. Kick it up a notch, so to speak.
Last summer I decided to try this classic combination, blueberries and lemon. I loved the little bit of tart that the lemons added to the sweet berries. (And it smelled soooooooooo good when it was cooking!)
This will be first on my list when the blueberry season is finally here again!
- 5 cups blueberries
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- 6 ounces liquid pectin (2 packets)
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- Combine blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest in large pot over high heat.
- Bring to a roiling boil while stirring frequently.
- Add pectin and return to roiling boil. Let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and remove foam.
- Fill hot jars , leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and affix lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.