I finally put together my own mix and I love it (it also smells so good!).
I got the individual ingredients from Penzey Spices, a company I trust as being a good quality brand. They also have an amazing selection and great prices whether buying in one of their stores or online. (and no, they are not paying me to say that, I just love them!)
I found the recipe in the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving and just tweaked it a small bit. I made a double batch to have on hand, but realized that after making a double batch of Pickled Asparagus with a friend, that I am going to need a lot more before the cukes start coming from the garden! But the great thing about this, is that I will just throw this together in an air tight jar and keep it in a cool, dark spot and I’ll have it on hand all season long!
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 8 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 Tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- 2 Tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 Tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons dill seeds
- 1 Tablespoons cardamom seeds
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- Mix all ingredients in an airtight container with lid, stir or shake until well mixed.
- Cover and store in cool, dark location until needed!