Anyone who has been to a holiday party with me (or other events) know that this is my absolute favorite appetizer to share (as long as I still have my Pepper Jelly on hand!) and every time I do share it, I get at least a couple requests for the recipe.
Pepper Jelly can be a tough jelly to use. It goes fabulously on a cracker with some cream cheese but there aren’t that many other uses for it that I have come across. I did try sneaking some onto my son’s PB&J one time (It was extremely mild)…. but that didn’t turn out too well…..
Then I came across this fantastic recipe.
My mom and I go on an annual shopping trip the Saturday after Thanksgiving to the Outlets in Kittery, Maine. We have been doing this for over 12 years and it is a very special time for us. Among the Outlets is a big, fun store called Kittery Trading Post.
That particular day they were having a lot of their vendors in to showcase their products, which included free food samples! Yay!
A little company called Lollipop Tree had samples of their jams and jellies as well as this cheesecake (along with a print out of the recipe). I grabbed a jar of the pepper jelly and I have never looked back.(This was before I made my own, of course!)
So next time you need a great appetizer, grab a jar of Pepper Jelly and give this recipe a try.
You’re welcome in advance!
Looking for a great Pepper Jelly recipe? Try this one!
- 8 oz pepper jelly
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8 inch spring-form pan and wrap outside side and base with aluminum foil.
- Place a baking pan, large enough to hold spring-form pan into the oven.
- Fill pan with 1/2 inch of water.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, cheddar and garlic into bowl of food processor and mix until well combined.
- Add 1/2 the jar of pepper jelly in and process briefly until just combined.
- Pour mixture into spring-form pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely then place in refrigerator.
- Right before serving, remove from fridge and remove ring of pan.
- Spread remaining pepper jelly over the entire top.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.