Out of all the jams I make this is my husband’s absolute, number one favorite. (and he doesn’t know it yet, but we just finished the final jar from last summer. He’ll find out soon enough….)
If you like berries how can you not love it? It is a perfect blend of blueberry, raspberry and strawberry, my three favorite berries. It is simply, berry heaven.
The only sad thing about it is that I have to wait until August when the blueberries are ready. I stockpile strawberries in the freezer, grab some local raspberries and go pick those blueberries. But it is definitely worth the wait!
Sorry honey, your going to have to wait 3 months before you get to enjoy it again!
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 2/3 crushed strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In large pot, combine berries and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium low and boil gently for 2 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- While cooking, use a masher to crush blueberries.
- Add in pectin and stir until dissolved.
- Bring to a full roiling boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar in a steady stream, stirring constantly.
- Return to a full boil, still stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Ladle in to hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and affix lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove from bath and let set, undisturbed for 24 hours.