I have made this several times, trying out a few different wines. My favorite, hands down is the Merlot Jelly. It is very similar to grape jelly but with a hint of tannin.
I have also tried a Sweet White Table wine and Chardonnay. The table wine was much sweeter (go figure!) and the Chardonnay was the wine-y est of the bunch. They are all perfect with crackers and cheese (goat cheese being my favorite!)
It is such an easy recipe too! Very similar to the Root Beer Jelly, just wine, sugar and pectin.
Not mention people will think it’s very sophisticated when you bring it to a party or serve it at your own!
- 2 cups Wine (of your choice)
- 3 1/4 cups White Sugar
- 1 pouch Liquid Pectin (3 ozs)
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In large pot mix wine with sugar. bringing to a full roiling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin.
- Return to a boil and cook for exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Pour into hot, clean jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and wipe rims clean.
- Affix lids and bands.
- Process for 10 minutes
- Let stand, undisturbed, for 24 hours so jelly will set.