I had seen the recipe floating around Pinterest for so long, that during the zucchini season last year, I decided to try them and see what a “zucchini tot” actually tasted like. I am so glad I did. They are so yummy! AND the kids ate them so fast and wanted more!
I made a note to double the recipe in the future.
and I do.
and they still ALL get eaten every time.
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or shredded parmesan)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place grated zucchini into cheese cloth and squeeze any water out of it that you can.
- In bowl add all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide evenly between 12 spaces in the mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until tops begin to turn golden brown.
- *This recipe is easily doubled!