Do you love spending time in your garden? Or hosting friends on the weekend over drinks and barbeque in your garden? This guide is for you! There are awesome outdoor garden furniture ideas that you can use on your garden and balconies, to create magic right there. Unlike an indoor space, outdoor space should give you a break from the confinement and limits of being in a confined space. This should reflect in the choice of furniture you go for. Below, we have compiled a list of 5 awesome ideas for your outdoor space.
- Decorated tyres; who said that all seats have to be made of wood or metal? Get some used tyres and stack them into pairs of two. This helps increase their stability and also raises them further from the ground. Next, paint them in bright and lively colors like orange, yellow, red, blue, and so on. Placing huge cushions on the tyres creates the perfect chill out place for family and friends during summer. You can also place a flat board on the tyres to place drinks or plates when hosting friends.
- Ladder planters; a ladder planter is a fantastic option to traditional plant and flower vases. It looks like an ordinary ladder, only that the individual racks also double up as spaces you can plant your flowers. Nothing adds a touch of raw nature and stylishness to your garden like a ladder planter. The beauty of it all is that it’s easy to make, one of those DIY projects you can embark on one weekend. Flowers growing in space, suspended above on a nicely furnished, polished ladder’s racks; it’s always a sight to behold. You can place the rack on your balcony so that the plants can enjoy the outdoor environment without exposing the ladder to the effects or direct sunlight or rainfall.
- Garden storage bench; benches are very unique, they make your outdoor space look more spacious, more welcoming. Benches also come in handy when you have many people who want to sit together, for instance during a party. But that aside, you can create some storage space beneath the benches. Why not, you could even place the benches just next to your hedge or fence. Find a carpenter to cleverly create some safe space on the bench, space you can use to store your watering cans, hose pipes, water sprinklers, and so on. Don’t forget to paint the benches in a color that compliments the other furniture around the outdoor space.
- Cool crate stools; supposing you decided to sit outside in your garden with a friend, perhaps to play a game of chess, to make a camp fire, or whatever. Your indoor chairs may not be perfect for such, they’re just too high and not meant for outdoor living. Milk crate stools will come in handy during such moments, they are very stable, comfy, and can be easily moved back to the house after use.
- Logs as seats; logs are rough; they are natural and can withstand extreme outdoor conditions. Get some logs and have them trimmed at the bottom to make them stable. Cut them to the desired size and space them around your outdoor space. Logs come in handy especially when you’re having BBQ in the backyard and have to use several raised platforms. Use sandpaper to smoothen the rough edges; you can place cushions on top when visitors need to seat on the logs.
There we go. If you look at all the 5 ideas above, it is all about experimenting with the unorthodox, the uncommon. These and more furniture ideas can help turn your outdoor space into a magical, admirable space.