It was just a simple, easy recipe that I came across and thought it was a perfect way to use up all those potatoes I had on hand that I got for a potato salad I never made.
But after having them I just had to share it with you. Again, so easy and so amazingly delicious I had to post it!
It was on a night we were grilling steak from a local butcher shop (we rarely have steak so it was a special meal!)
Obviously potatoes go very well with steak, but I didn’t want to just boil them. You do start out with boiling but then you put them on the baking sheet smush them with a fork, season and bake.
My favorite thing about them was that the skins get nice and crispy and the potatoes so nicely cooked and seasoned make them heavenly.
I think this might be the only way I prepare potatoes ever again!
- 12 red bliss potatoes (or your favorite small potato)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper (or other favorite seasoning)*
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in potatoes.
- Cook until fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- On a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil.
- Place potatoes on sheet and gently smash with a fork.
- Brush top of each potato with more olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper or seasoning of choice.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- *This recipe is so flexible you can really use any of your favorite seasonings or herbs. I used a steak seasoning mix and it was perfect.