My family was invited to a friend’s 4th of July weekend. Her property sits on a little hill and is an absolutely fantastic spot for watching fireworks not only from our town but many surrounding towns too.
I knew the kid’s would be making S’Mores around a fire but thought I would bring something that the adults could enjoy, especially if they didn’t want the sticky mess of making the actual thing.
Now, please don’t get me wrong, I love S’Mores and I don’t think anything can replace the real thing or the experience of making them around a fire with friends. But I thought these would be a fun treat to share.
and they we’re!
- 25 graham cracker sheets (appx. 3 packages)
- 1 container marshmallow fluff (7 oz)
- 2 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 16 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- In bowl of food processor, add graham crackers and process until fine crumbs are formed.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of crumbs for topping.
- Combine remaining crumbs, fluff and cream cheese in bowl and mix until well combined.
- Form mixture into 1 inch balls and place onto wax paper on a baking sheet.
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl along with Crisco. Microwave in 30 second intervals (stirring in between each interval) until chocolate in melted.
- Dip balls into chocolate to cover and place back on waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and place in refrigerator for at least a half hour or until they are hardened.