We have a little less than 2 months left until strawberry season arrives here in southern NH and I am already making plans for all the new recipes and tried and true favorites, I am going to make.
This jam is pretty much #1 on the list. It is my all time favorite jam that I make. I absolutely love strawberries and with the addition of the tart cranberries (which I have saved in my freezer, just waiting to be made into this jam!) it’s the perfect sweet/tart combination.
I have some other jams that are close seconds, but to me, nothing really tops this one. I think a lot of people agree with me too, it was by far my top seller last year at fairs and I had to use up all the strawberries I had picked and frozen in June, to fill my orders!
- 2 1/2 quarts fresh or frozen Strawberries
- 1 pound fresh or frozen Cranberries
- 5 pounds sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid pectin
- Prepare canner jars and lids.
- Place strawberries and cranberries in food processer and process until there are only a few medium to small chunks left. (You may need to do this in 2 batches)
- Pour into large pot.
- Add sugar.
- Bring to a full roil boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin.
- Place back on burner and return to full roiling boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- remove from heat.
- Cool for 5 minutes* and then skim off any foam.
- Fill jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and affix lids.
- Process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove from canner and let stand undisturbed in cool place for 24 hours.
- We let it cool for five minutes so that the fruit will evenly distribute in the jars. If ladled in without cooling, all the fruit may float at the top.